Travel Guide - Mykonos - Part 2
Welcome back to my part two of Mykonos travel guide. Today I’ll be sharing with you all our favorite restaurants and drinks during our honeymoon.
Rohit and I prefer our vacation to be relaxing, carefree and fun. We don’t want to be obligated to a time schedule, so we typically do not make any reservations at restaurants during our international trips unless it’s on our bucket list and it’s highly recommended. Instead, Rohit and I put together a list of suggestive restaurants to try during our vacation. Depending on how hungry we are, we’ll stroll around town to find a restaurant that fits our mood/vibes or pick one of the restaurants on our list.
Here are a few of our favorite restaurants during our trip. One of them even has a funny story behind it.
1. DK Oyster – Hands down one of our favorite restaurants that will always hold a special place in our hearts. We found this restaurant during our trip to beach at Platys Gailos and ordered a Lobster Risotto. Once we placed our order, our waiter came with a bowl, big tongs and pointed at the fish tank and said, “Let’s catch your Lobster”. It was an amazing experience and our food was delicious and mouth-watering. However, the price wasn’t as amazing… Rohit and I didn’t realize the lobster price was based on per pound, so our meal cost us a couple of hundred of dollars. We both busted our laughing because we didn’t expect to catch our own meal or spend a couple of hundred dollars on our first meal on our honeymoon. Regardless, this was an experience that we are always going to remember and after our entire vacation was finished, we agreed it was the best spent money ever! So no regrets!
2. Nikos Taverna – This restaurant is one of the most recommended places to have dinner in Mykonos. It’s known for its authentic dishes and its reasonable prices. Overall the food, service and experience at this restaurant were great!
3. Pepper – This small café has delicious traditional Greek food from Gyros to Svoulakis – you really can’t go wrong with anything on their menu. Wish we could go back in time to eat at this place again. It’s so worthwhile!
1. Queen of Mykonos – This is a glamorous outdoor bar on a narrow street with hookah and specialty drinks. Their signature cocktails are really expensive but definitely worth the splurge.
2. Skandinavian Bar – One of the most recommended bars in Mykonos. It’s super small and shabby but the drinks are cheap and delicious.
3. Negrita Bar – This is located in Little Venice and is the most perfect place to watch the sunset with some delicious cocktails. Make sure to grab a rezzy earlier on the day to get the best view.
Hope you enjoyed Part 2 of my Mykonos Travel Guide. In case you missed Part 1 of my Mykonos Travel Guide, click here.
Hugs and Kisses
Queen of Mykonos